Thursday, November 29, 2012

Dolly Pegs!!

 
I have been thinking about what else I can make for daughters school Christmas fair, then I thought dolly pegs!!!

I asked my mother in law whilst in England to pick some up for me as I couldn't find any in France and a big thank you to her as she went everywhere trying to find some.
 
So my idea was to make little angels.


I have covered my peg in glitter and added some organza material to make the skirt. I then used a friends die to make the wings from glitter card and added some embroidery thread for the hair.

I added some ribbon to hang the angel from the tree and a little gem to make it look like she is wearing a necklace.


I think they are really cute and really cheap to make.

Here is a picture of them hanging in my daughters pink tree which I said she could have for her room.
 


This project is for the challenge at Its all about the Vintage and you had to use glitter, I just hope that dolly pegs are classed as something from the past!!!

4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous I remember I used to make these when I was little. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW, these are just gorgeous! Fantastic project! Love them!
    Michaela xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable, Dawn! They look terrific on the pink tree. So cute for a little girl! Tracy:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow! Your dolly pegs are so pretty, Dawn! Love them! Lovely work! Hugs

    ReplyDelete