Friday, November 18, 2016

Musical Christmas

Hello everyone.
 
This week at Daring Cardmakers is all about a musical Christmas.
 
We want to see what Christmas carol or song inspires you.
 
I went with "Winter Wonderland" and "Let It Snow".
I love both of these songs so I wanted to created a wintery background for my card.
 
Making my own inky backgrounds is a totally out of my comfort zone when it comes to crafting cards but I really love this effect.
 
 
I masked off the moon and then created some templates for the snowdrifts and then inked around them.  I used a two shades of blue and a tiny bit of purple to create this card.
 
I then stamped some trees.  Well they are actually branches from the jar of love set by Stampin Up.
I don't own a realistic tree stamp so I think I need to invest in one.

 
I then added a little sparkle to the card to look like fallen snow and finished with a stamp greeting.
 
Don't forget to stop by the Design Team Blogs
 
xXx


4 comments:

  1. Love this Dawn - you've created a magnificent scene. Shabneez xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you may have just extended your comfort zone Dawn - this looks fab! Love the little bit of sparkle, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Dawn! Good to see you ink blending: There'll be no stopping you now! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful Dawn. The background is stunning

    ReplyDelete