Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Engagement Rings.

Hello Crafters.
 
 
 
Over the summer two of my husbands cousins got engaged.  They both happen to be sisters which is so lovely and are planning to have there weddings very close together.
 
I have been looking for the perfect engagement craft item in order to make their congratulations cards and I found it in the form of the Shapeabilities Die D-Lites Gems Die from Spellbinders.
 
 
This was then a great opportunity to use the same die and make two different looks.
 
 
For this card I cut a square of white card stock and cut out the gems at different angles.  Behind the negative space I added some white glitter card then glued the gems back into place.

 
I then cut a further two gems from mirror card then two more from silver glitter card.  I placed the triangle sections back into the frame of the gem.

 
I then added a die cut greeting in black mirror card using the Simply Said Phrase One Set.

 
For the second card I wanted to create my own background.  So I created a stencil using a scrap of white card.  I then inked different colours into the negative space.  I then cut several more gems from white card stock and place the frame of the die over the inked areas.

 
I then used what was left over from the first card to create the silver diamond.  To finish I used the same die cut greeting as before.


Two very different cards from one lovely die set.
 
This die would make a fantastic addition to any engagement party.  The set would make some lovely invitations or place settings.  I even thought it would look lovely at a new years eve party to add a bit of glitz to the celebrations.
 
I would just like to wish the happy couple congratulations and we can't wait for the weddings!!!
 
Thanks for stopping by and please check out the Spellbinders website for more details about the dies I have used.
 
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Loving the diamonds Dawn (prefer the real ones though!) - this die set would work well for a Diamond Anniversary too wouldn't it? xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I didn't think of the most obvious celebrations. xxx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An enormous on account of you for sharing this Blog your blog content is extremely pleasant ,I have perused your blog your blog data is exceptionally usefull.
    Proposal Ring Singapore

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s very cute! Those diamonds like designs are very pretty. You know we also would be marrying soon at one of the wedding venues Los Angeles and want to have custom made rings for the day. Have been finding inspirations for some unique designs but have not come up with something interesting yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shop Diamonds Engagement Rings for Women - Secrète Fine Jewelry

    Now get pure Diamonds Rings from Secrete Fine Jewelry to make your Engagement special. We are located in Washington DC, and Bethesda.
    Family Owned, Located in Bethesda and Washington DC, Secrete offers unique bespoke handmade Jewelry, Engagement Rings, Wedding Bands. Oris, Graham, Hamilton.

    Buy at : https://secrete.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent idea , you have shared. I can give you a site. Here you can get everything about diamond trading, collecting from making ornaments using diamond. Give a look at this site https://www.patricksaada.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve been searching for some decent stuff on the subject and haven't had any luck up until this point, You just got a new biggest fan!.. birthstone rings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Useful Blog.
    And awesome jewelry you have in your store.
    I would love to buy it.
    jewelry cape coral fl

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love to read it,Waiting For More new Update and I Already Read your Recent Post its Great Thanks. engagement rings

    ReplyDelete