Thursday, January 25, 2018

Happy Birthday Blog

Good morning.
 
I was just looking through my Facebook news feed when I noticed that my blog was celebrating its birthday today.  I can't believe I have been blogging for 6 years.
 
So this post is a great big thank you to all those people that have supported me throughout my crafting journey.  I have met lots of lovely people along the way.  Some of them I have yet to meet in person like my lovely Daring Cardmakers teamies.
 
So today I am sharing a card made using my favourite technique.
 
A magical shaker card.
 
 
If you follow my blog you will know how much I love this style of card and I am always on the look out for pretty sequins to place in the shaker element.
 
Today I have made this card using some fabulous dies from Spellbinders.
I started by cutting a square of this lovely pale green card and I randomly cut some of the little clouds out using the Die D-lites Unicorn Fantasy.  I then cut some clouds from white card and placed this back into the negative space in the pale green background.
 

 
I then die cut the unicorn from gold card, more clouds and the rainbow from the Die D-Lites Unicorn Fantasy set.
 
I then made my shaker part.  I always cut frames and glue them together when making a shaker card as if I use foam squares of tape I find that my sequins always find a way out.
 
I cut about 6 frames from white card stock using the 6x6 matting basics squares from Spellbinders.  I then added a square of acetate over the top and cut out a final frame from some lovely white textured card to hold all the sequins in place.

 
I then added a lovely greeting which is a sticker from the Galaxy Card Kit Of The Month and I also added some die cut stars which are from the same kit.

 
Thanks for stopping by today to say Happy Birthday to my Blog.
 
Thank you for your continued support.
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your Blog - haha! Gorgeous creation Dawn! Shabneez x

    ReplyDelete